Self Acceptance: Why You Never Feel Like You Do Enough… Achievers Amnesia.
Watch this video & acknowledge yourself for how much you have already done so you can start your year from a place of feeling ENOUGH!
I am seeing an epidemic going on that I think you might be afflicted by. And as you set out to create your dreams and go for your soul goals, I thought you might want to see if this is true for you (so we make sure you don’t create undue stress and pressure for yourself)…
You have a goal or a dream.
A project. Something you want to create or cause.
Or even just the things you want to get done it a day.
You put energy, time, money, love towards them.
And you reach goal. You finish the project. Reach the milestone.
You have what should feel success.
But somehow the feeling of success and accomplishment doesn’t last very long.
Maybe for a day or a few hours, you feel like wow, that happened. And then almost as if you get concked on the head you come down with amnesia … you forget how awesome you are, how much you’ve already accomplished, how what you wanted is actually occurring… you don’t celebrate or let yourself really RECEIVE what’s happened, all you can see is how much more you need to do. This is why of course, what you do rarely feels like it’s enough.
I call this Achievers Amnesia and so many people I know suffer from this. Even people in the public eye that you know and would think, ‘She is so successful’… in afflicted by this achievers amnesia.
Here’s truth love, this pattern of achievers amnesia creates stress, exhaustion and unhappiness for you… and you give so much to what you care about – be that your work, your loved ones, your body, your community, the world, that I am taking a stand as your self-love sister to make sure YOU APPRECIATE and ACKNOWLEDGE YOURSELF all the way through this year. Self Acceptance is grown by Appreciating, Acknowledging and Adoring yourself.
Watch the video and then take the daring act of love to APPRECIATE and ACKNOWLEDGE YOURSELF by posting your ILOVEME list of 5 things you Choose to recognize yourself for.
I acknowledge myself for becoming a more kind person… for healing so many of my love cracks… for trusting the divine to guide my life and taking big acts of faith… for doing yoga every day for the past 90 days… for receiving a great book contract to write my next book which I am so excited to write. Ahhhh. that feels good!
Now your turn… post your five acknowledgements here and I’ll reflect them to you so you can feel them even more…
Take the Inner Mean Girl quiz
and see which of the 13 kinds of inner critics
is causing your Achievers Amnesia.
[…] doing at the moment with “inspiration catalyst” Christine Arylo, she calls it “achiever’s amnesia“. Forgetting what we’ve achieved because we don’t take the time to celebrate it […]Leave a Comment
that I´m a good pianoteacher for 17 children age 6-18 years old.
that I got a good “review” from the young kids working at a school, saying that I have a big Heart amongst other Things
that I got into music at university
that I look for ways to develop and free myself
that I learned about myself in the past 5 years or so and know I want to learn more
way to acknoweldge yourself for what you are giving to YOU and to others – both!! xox
1. I love my strength and perseverance.
2. I love my ability to forgive myself.
3. I love my intuitive ability and spiritual support team.
4. I love my ability to stay healthy and fit, despite the fact that people don’t support me.
5. I love my ability to support myself, love myself, hold my own hand, and my ability to look at the big picture and dream BIG! Walk without fear into my beautiful future and beautiful next moment.
Trelle- such a beautifull reflection of who YOU are — and i LOVE that you LOVE all these things about you – may you remember this all year and life long! xo
My five things that I have already accomplished. Constant buzz of disapproval; I’ve stretched myself to reach out to others for connection, I’m more open; I’ve created a small group of people also interested in inquiry.
Jo Jo – way to see yourself for what has already happened – keep growing on that in 2014. xoxo
Five acknowledgements thus far in 2014
1. I started a new job (same position-new company) which was a HUGE transition for me.
2. I joined a yoga class for my overall health and spiritual wellness.
3. I have reached out to friends and family.
4. I am not so focused on my outward appearance, but rather on how I feel.
5. I am feeding my senses such as using my Himalayan salt lamps, my natural scented candles, keeping my feet and neck toasty warm.
Cindy – yum… seeing a reflection of how much your self empowerment and self care branches have grown and how much love you are giving to you. xoxo
Christine, this was so powerful for me! I actually cried realising how much I have already grown, in love, this month alone! 1.I let go of a long term romantic relationship that was emotionally abusive and disrespectful 2. I am transforming my Inner Mean Girls 3. each branch of the self love tree has grown, and now I am committed to doing 40 Day Cleanses for each in turn 4. I am so much more compassionate and forgiving with myself 5. thru all this I am now able to commit to making the major changes needed this year in order to love myself (and made it official!)- including moving back to the US which will be a huge undertaking. I can only begin this now because I come from a place of self love and respect and empowerment. I am definitely not the same person I was January 1st! WOW! And thank you!!!
Jess – WOW lady i can feel the POWERFUL shifts in self love you have made – huge! and so loving you acknowledging yourself right here right now for it. xoxo
Christine, I loved today’s video on achievers amnesia
Here are my five affirmations of success over the last year…
I am a bright shining light! I have a successful Therapy business! I adore myself for the love I exude to self and others! I acknowledge my incredible soul star shining bright! I am so glad to welcome my Shining Heart Abundance YEAR!!!!!!!!!!! thank you Christine you are such a valuable light to me and all my friends whom I share you with. Blessings DianaLynn
Diana Lynn – thank you for the LOVE, soooo receieved!! And yes yes you are a shining bright light and the fact that you exude love is ENOUGH, more than enough. with love, christine
I acknowledge myself for processing my shadow self… for meditating every night even if I’m exhausted… for being more loving and accepting of others… for healing my past relationships… for my commitment to the truth without hurting others. 🙂 🙂 🙂
Linda – beautiful, powerful and YES seeing you embrace your achievements. xo
When I first saw the words “acheivement amnesia” I thought “Well, I don’t have that problem. I haven’t acheived anything lately.” And the next second I realized: THAT’S THE WHOLE POINT! Here are my recent acheivements: 1. One week of getting up 30 minutes earlier each day 2. Journal of accomplishments big and small at my job 3. Joined a new women’s group at work 4. Smile every day 5. Repaired a relationship
Jenny – you made me LOL! Exactly 🙂 Seeing you making small but mighty achievements and those love are the ones that usually matter the most!! xox
5 Things I’ve Grown Into…
1) Letting go of/healing my rape and releasing my story.
2) Learning to love and accept myself.
3) Learning to be compassionate with myself and others.
4) Inspiring others to grow, love themselves, work out and practice self-care.
5) Running & working out daily!
Jill – feeling the love and compassion in your words and in you – and that alone is a lifetime achievement! xox
What a beautiful message to wake up too, Thank you and sending love to you right back
Awww, thanks Eileen. Received the love. xoxo
I acknowledge I have felt the fear and faced it anyway.
I acknowledge I have been more disciplined lately
I acknowledge I have been working hard to meet my goals for 2013
I acknowledge I am a divine creation and am co creating for a higher good for all
I acknowledge my will to find pure unconditional love for others and feel it increasing as the self love increases.
Taylor-Marie – i am feeeling your power and beauty over here love – wow !Way to acknowledge the powerful beautiful woman you are. xox
This isn’t easy – but here goes! 5 things I love and appreciate about myself:
1. My curiosity about life.
2. My pure joy over the little things.
3. That I laugh easily.
4. That I let myself cry, too.
5. That I allow self-care into my life.
Kate – way to take the dare and APPRECIATE who you are – beautiful, just like you. xo
I love me for risking moving to Maui and giving myself permission to come back home.
i love me for hiring an intern
i love me for being a loving parent to molly and dylan
i love me for exercising regularly
i love me for having a great support system
Sofia – i love your i love me list !! can feel the love mirror you just created for yourself! ooxox
I acknowledge myself for accepting challenges in my career and turning these challenges into opportunities to grow… for trusting myself to make the right choices for me and listen to my inner wisdom to discover how I really feel… for giving myself time to process big emotions… for allowing myself to “not know” the answers to what questions I have for myself… for making a difference in the lives of my students in a positive way.
Laura – witnessed! i especially love the not knowing part – huge!! xox
I appreciate about myself that in the past year I
– took a leap of faith leaving my job in order to follow my bliss and have now created work that I enjoy and fits well
– lost 10 pounds and starting exercising regularly
– took time to invest into my gift and talents that I had previously neglected
– have invested in the lives of teenagers through mentoring them and seen good growth
– have grown in confidence in listening to my own heart and doing what I feel is right
Brad this is awesome! So seeing how much you have done and become – i can feel the love! xoxox
I LOVE ME LIST – 5 things I am Proud of Myself For:
1) I stand up for what I believe in even if it is painful and/or makes my life more difficult.
2) I started jogging again – 3 miles – 5 days a week.
3) I cut way back on my drinking when I realized that it was making me depressed and keeping me from thinking clearly.
4) I called my sister and talked with her for a long time even though it was not fun and I had to bite my tongue a couple of times.
5) I had a huge professional setback and I let myself feel the pain and other emotions but then I got back up and quickly moved forward.
Mindy love your honest sharing and love seeing you choose YOU! xox
1) I love my commitment to knowing myslef on a deep soul level
2) I am amazed at my awareness and intuition
3) I celebrate my willingness to sit in.uncertainty and play.big
4) I cherish my ability to learn and practice being vulnerable, in integrity, forgiving, grateful and compassionate
5) I honor my.discipline to.my sadhana
6) I appreciate my ability to.recognize patterns that hold me back and my willingness to.interupt them
7) I love.that I.have gone from.being a martyr to.putting myself first and inturn being a more present and better mother
8) I value my faith that has given me the courage to.walk.away from.a 6-figure job to.sharing my.message with the world and.teaching the above to.others 🙂
Sweta – beautiful list and love seeing your dedication to love, in so many ways. xo
I acknowledge that I have taken steps to ensure my well-being is being taken care of on all levels, and I have been gentle with myself when I didn’t do as well as I would have liked.
I appreciate that I was selected to build a team of women to do something great in our community and it is happening!
I adore that I wear bows in my hair and I love to laugh.
I acknowledge that I am doing the best I can and I trust God to support me and provide for me no matter what.
I appreciate that I am learning to let go of managing all the details of my life and just seeing where life takes me.
G – love the bows! and love seeing you. thank you for appreciating your amazing spirit. xo
Thanks for the great message, Christine. I am grateful for:
1-staying open to change and challenge
2-discovering my true friends and advocates
3-seeing my son become a wonderful young man
4-learning how to row a single scull
5-reading, reading, reading so much!
Winifred – beautfiul i love me list and beautiful YOU! xoxo
I love myself for deciding to be more forgiving. I love me for giving myself permission to peacefully face confrontation without guilt. I love my spiritual growth and sharing it with others. I love me for putting in the work to maintain a healthy body, new hobby and fun with grandchildren and volunteering in the charter/public schools.
At the young age of 69 plus 2…my new hobby is a new husband with his and hers apartments. I do love myself!
Anne – big love to you for all the love you are allowing into your life. xxoo
Thank you so much! I love your mails and videos, you are such an inspiration for me. Send you a lot of love from Austria 😀
Kristina – thank you love – receiving your love from Austria – i’ve been there in Sept 2001 🙂 xoxo
1. I completed Reiki 1
2. I completed Counselling Level 1
3. I completed a Permaculture Design Course
4. I completed Reiki 2
5. I ‘was there’ last year for my Mum & Dad when my Mum had terminal cancer (Mum passed away on 9th November) This is the one I am most proud of.
Yvonne – your love and dedication are beautiful. xox
I acknowledge myself for stepping out of my comfort zone and taking an exercise class; for undertaking an online university course; for starting daily affirmations to heal my mind and body; for being true to my self and learning how to say no to projects I am not interested in becoming involved with and for being grateful for anything that does not go my way during my day because it helps keep me strong.
Judy – YES YES To just going for it – to living in technicolor instead of black and white. And to staying true to yourself, beautiful! xox
I acknowledge myself for:
1 – accepting others
2 – being on a spiritual path
3 – doing everything I can to transform myself
4 – supporting others
5 – learning to trust myself
Julie – i give big YAHOO for your self trust, self acceptance and willingess to love others as well as yourself. xoxo
I love me for accomplishing moving my office, including signing a 3 year lease,
I love me for taking a risk, stepping oitside my comfort zone and throwing an Open House/Ribbon Cutting party for my new space.
I love me for studying A Course in Miracles.
I love me for the shift in my perception and the knowledge I’ve realized as a result.
I love me for getting out of bed every day, putting one foot in front of the other and keeping on in gratitude, even on those days when I didn’t really feel it.
Billie – i see your commitment to yourself and your willingess to put yourself out there in the world and keep living. thank you. xoxox
I acknowledge that I (most of the time 😉 don’t live in a life of fear, which I was raised, that nothing is possible except to get a job and live to work. That I am raising my beautiful son to live in a life of love and not fear. I recognize that God is in charge and not myself, and that we are all his children, and I need to watch my judgements when I feel frustrated at the ignorance of so many people, and want to control or change them, and that money is NOT everything. Slowly I am learning, and I never stop learning or changing in this physical world. Thank you Christine, you are inspiring!
Margaret – i so acknowledge you choosing LOVE. in a ways on most days 🙂 thank you for being you. xoxo
1. I acknowledge that i made the choice to never settle for less than i deserve
2.I acknowledge that i am raising my sons to be good men on my own
3. I acknowledge that i have always been able to keep going forward even when the odds were not in my favor
4.I acknowledge that i am in better mental and physical shape than i have ever been in my life
5.I acknowledge that i had the courage to walk away from a job that no longer served my soul and my purpose
Noelle i reflect your courage, your resilience and your deep dedciation to love. xoxo
I acknowledge myself for having my first blog published on line, I acknowledge my self for losing 8 kgs and keeping it off, I acknowledge myself for singing in public, I acknowledge myself for being a great hugger, I acknowledge myself for stopping watching T.V.
Rod i am so loving your i love me list — yay to hugs, to no tv and to singing your voice in public – xoxoxo
I acknowledge myself for
1) Finally connecting with my spirituality (2013 was a huge year of exploration for me in this area)
2) Following my guidance/wisdom to so many great inspirational people (yourself included) and allowing myself to soak in their insights
3) My work as a tutor to 15 fabulous students aged 10-17 and my quest to build their confidence and self-belief alongside their academic skills
4) My efforts to combat procrastination, perfectionism and disorganisation to take control of my fears (while not being too hard on myself – really tough that bit!)
5) My determination for something better after dragging myself out of depression and for how far I’ve come in the last 3 years – that Kirsty wouldn’t recognise me!
Thank you – for everything you do!
Kirsty – a BIG YES to how far you have come in the journey to be, love and live the miraculous you. witnessed. xox
I support myself for being brave enough to set a boundary! I -just now- unfriended an UNfriendly colleague even though I was afraid to do so. I’m proud to have bought a house for myself and managing the job to get there. I trust myself to keep sticking one foot in front of the other, I’m a tough one! <3
I am happy to get ever closer to being vegan and whenever I see beautiful matching numbers -radio, clocks, where ever – I feel angels wings around me, that supports me to keep going.
thank you for the question Christine!
Jessica – i love your angel appreciation and all the that i can feel you giving to yourself xoxo
*I love and acknowledge my self for investing in myself by now being on the 40 day fear cleanse fast I love and acknowledge myself for being faithful (not perfect) on this fast * I love and acknowledge myself for receiving NEW ways of living/being in this world * I love and acknowledge myself for having the courage and belief in myself to trust God again (I love him and have missed him for awhile). * I’m proud of seeing new things, like if I’m behaving “badly” it: it’s FEAR. I don’t need to go crazy with it – I need to turn/return to love!!! Christine, thanks to your program my year is off to a very promising start – sending waves of love and thanks to YOU …
Vivienne- so love having you on the 40 day Fear Cleanse with us! and i witness your I LOVE ME list xoxo
– I so love that a friend calls me “sensei” and asks me to teach him
– I so love that a girlfriend asked me advice to take her first steps on her new spiritual way
– I love that tomorrow, I’m going to take my training to become a reiki master
– I love that, having been very upset these last days, and making plenty of mental mess from a place of lack, I managed to get back into balance and love
– I love that now, my Self is full enough to be wanting, willing to overflow with love for others
Elisa – love seeing the self compassion and self esteem and self expression in your i love me list! xox
Thank you for this video. Exactly what I needed.
1. I love myself for all the effort I put to become a better and happier woman.
2. I admire the courage I had to enter Theater School.
3. I admire the love and respect I put into my Theater classes.
4. I love the way I take care of my body and my health.
5. I love that I always move on in spite of the hard times.
God bless you <3
Nadia – God bless you too! and so love seeing you give yourself so much love xoxo
Five things I’ve recognized within myself:
Courage to look at what’s real and make necessary changes when I can for myself.
Feeling the Fear and doing it anyway.
Able to laugh at myself now…not take myself so seriously.
Listening to my intuition more.
Taking care of myself by allowing my feelings to surface, learning what they mean for me, and acting in a self loving way when they do come up.
Mary Grace – beautiful just like you!
I appreciate that I have made rest a priority! I have given up trying to be SuperWoman and learned to say NO to people, “opportunities” and even myself if I am trying to do too much!
I acknowledge myself for learning to set healthy boundaries with people AND for opening up my heart to let people in. I am getting better and who to let in and how much.
I adore my playful and adventurous spirit! She has been coming out to enjoy life now that I am not over-working! (I missed her!)
I celebrate my success in building a team of volunteers that brought arts programming to single Mom’s and their kids who cannot afford art supplies. It was such a blessing to do this and I have never done anything like this before, so I am very proud of myself!
I love the new friendships that have come into my life recently who support, encourage and understand me. Yay for Love! =)
thank you, thank you – I really needed that today. Abort the amnesia! I’m going to remember that!!!